Founded in 1787, Winooski started off as an industrial Mill Town, because of the flowing Winooski River. Jump to the present day, the Onion City is a hot spot for dining and shopping in Vermont. While small in size, the city's population is over 7,000. Winooski is bordered by Burlington, Colchester, and South Burlington, making it an easy drive to all of Chittenden’s counties attractions. Winooski is becoming an increasingly popular location for both renting and owning.
- Take in the views of the Champlain Mill, downtown area, and flowing water along the Winooski River Walk.
- Get to know the local bars and explore downtown with the Winooski Cocktail Walk.
- Learn about some local history at the Heritage Winooski Mill Museum.
- Waterworks - For a nice night out with exquisite food and a great view of the Winooski River.
- Tiny Thai - Often referred to as the best Thai food in Chittenden County, this is a great option for dine-in or take out evenings.
- Papa Frank’s - For your hearty Italian cravings.
- Elementary: JFK Elementary School
- Middle: Winooski Middle School
- High: Winooski High School
- Landry Park: This park includes a play structure, baseball field, tennis courts, and a small skate park.
- Memorial Park: This is a very scenic, nature focused park with trails.