Essex is becoming an increasingly popular area within Chittenden County, with a population over 21,000. Essex is neighbored by Colchester, Jericho, and Williston. Within the town itself is Essex Junction, an incorporated village. The town and junction have their own libraries, recreation departments, public works departments, but share a police department. The village offers residents a more populated area, as well as shops and restaurants. For those seeking a more rural environment, the town offers several desirable locations. Essex is a multi-dimensional municipality with something for everyone.
- Known for having amazing sandwiches and offering breakfast all day, The Firebird Café is a go to spot in Essex Junction.
- Enjoy a beer and snack at the Black Flannel.
- Elementary: Essex Elementary School
- Middle School: Essex Middle School, Albert D Lawton Intermediate
- High School: Essex High School
- Maple Street Park: This park includes playgrounds, a pool, public restrooms, and often hosts events.
- Indian Brook Park: This park stretches 740 acres, perfect for fishing, hiking, kayaking, and taking in the scenic Colchester Pond.