Covid-19 has undoubtedly impacted the real estate industry. Throughout 2020 we learned how to adapt and how to continue conducting business so that your plans as a buyer or seller are not impacted. See below for answers to our most commonly asked questions. Have a question that is not answered? Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your office open?
Yes, our office is open, but we have Covid-19 protocol in place. Visitors must sign in for contact tracing and wear a mask while inside the building. Social distancing must be observed while using conference rooms and surfaces must be wiped down with disinfectant following use.
Are showings and open houses happening?
Yes. We are allowed to conduct showings, following all Covid-19 guidelines established by the state of Vermont. This includes wearing masks, social distancing, and limiting party sizes at showings. Out-of-state buyers have further restrictions, and in most cases must quarantine before any in-person showings can occur. Individuals who have been vaccinated are no longer required to quarantine in Vermont. For the most up-to-date information on out-of-state traveler restrictions, please visit the Vermont ACCD website.
Open houses may occur with proper planning. During open houses social distancing and mask-wearing must be observed. The state of Vermont currently mandates a maximum capacity of no more than 50 percent the fire safety occupancy or 1 person per 100 square feet with a maximum of 75 people indoors. During open houses we will have an agent "greeting" and keeping a count to ensure we do not exceed the state-mandated capacity.
What virtual options are available?
- We are able to conduct 100% virtual showings for you by going to the showings ourselves and using the video chat service of your choice to take you through the home.
- Most attorneys are now offering closing by "Power of Attorney," enabling the entire closing to be done virtually.
- Should Covid-19 cases worsen and state mandates become stricter, appraisers in many cases can conduct "desktop" appraisals which does not require them to go inside the home.
- If you are considering buying or selling, we can conduct a consult over the video chat service of your choice.
- If you are out-of-state, we can attend your home inspection on your behalf and keep you in the loop.
We've had wonderful success with assisting out-of-state buyers in their real estate purchases in Vermont. Need help with something and you are out of state? Just ask and we'd love to help!